What are the side effects of taking glutathione if you have thyroid problem?
I tried to search the net but I cant find specific answer. my sister has a thyroid problem, she was diagnosed with thyroid nodule several years ago.is is safe for her to take glutathione? if not what are the possible side effects?thank you.
- Glutathione is an anti-oxidant. It wont have any side effect, unless you consume in high amount
Benefits of glutathione:
# This supplement inhibits free radical damage.
# It has been researched for its ability to convert harmful foreign compounds like pesticides, solvents and air pollutants into less harmful substances that can be flushed from the body.
# On the cellular level,glutathione glutathione may facilitate the transport of important nutrients across cell membranes while supporting the integrity of red blood cells.
# It may significantly enhance quality of life and prevent liver and kidney damage in patients who are receiving chemotherapy.
# It may also support health during radiation therapy.
# Glutathione may improve liver function in recovering alcoholics.
# Its deficiency has been associated with cataracts and supplementation has shown promising results.
# Its deficiency has also been associated with Parkinson's disease.
# Glutathione can support immune function and is used in the treatment of AIDS.
# This supplement may treat respiratory infections in children.
Side Effects of glutathione:
# If you have diabetes, talk to your doctor before taking this dietary supplement.
Any adverse effects with the use of this stress supplement has been noted related to fetal development during pregnancy or to infants who are breast-fed.
- GLUTATHIONE is a dietary supplement used as an antioxidant to help protect the body from many diseases and conditions. It is also used to treat infertility (difficulty getting pregnant), cancer, cataracts, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Glutathione is used to detoxify various chemicals from the body.
Other names for Glutathione include: Gamma-glutamylcysteinylglycine and GSH.
Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you need more information about this medicine or if any information in this leaflet concerns you.
Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.
- Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
- Chest pain
- Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin
- Other Side Effects:
You may have the following side effects, but this medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine. -
- Zinc deficiency was seen in long term use of a combination product containing Glutathione.-
- Glutathione is neither good nor bad for thyroid problems. Glutathione is inert.It doesn`t alter thyroid function in any way.
- because your sister has a degree of hyper thyrodism ,so her metabolism rate is high.her oxidative stress is also high due to the high amount of metabolites formed in her body therefore I advise her to take glutathione as it will decrease the risk of many possible problems that may occur.I ask GOD for your sister & for every sick person to help &cure them ....................Amen