When is the best time of day yo take my Thyroid medication?
Have had Graves Disease and had my Thyroid removed
- there is no specific time to take thyroid hormone
( synthroid, levothyroxine, etc...). As long as you take it... it has a very long half life so you don't have to take at a specific time like antibiotics. just remember to take it. Good Luck.
- It is best to take your medication at the same time each day. You shouldn't eat for an hour after taking your pill, so find a time that will work for you each day and take it then. It is most important that you remember to take the pill each day, the time doesn't really matter. It can keep you awake when you take it so most people take it in the morning. Take it with a full glass of water.
- I would say every morning just because I think it would be easier.
- I found that taking at night works also... then you can eat b4hand and then just wait 1 or 2 b4 taking it
- My mom takes her thyroid medicine early in the morning. I don't know if it matters or not. Did you ask your doctor? You could also try looking up the medicine on the websites that have medical information, to see what it says. I do that alot. Some of those sites can really be helpful. Type in the name of the medicine in the search bar, and see what comes up. You can probably get lots of helpful information about the medicine.
- when the doctor says so
- Take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (that's what my doctor said for me to do). Don't eat for an hour afterwards. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- first thing in the morning when you wake up an hour before you eat or if you have to eat wait 2 hours after you eat so your medication will not absorb into your food.
- I'm hypothyroidism, I take mine in the morning and at night. If it's 1 a day, take in the morning works best, if 2 a day one morning and night.
- before breakfast,1 hour before breakfast
- I have taken thyroid medication for more than 25 yrs & found that morning is best. If I take it in the evening it can cause sleep problems. I had to have both the right & left lobes removed. The most important advise I could past on is this. Get your blood tested every six months to make sure you are taking the correct amount of thyroid medication for your body.